Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. All lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light. When used for surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with. When used for in cavities, the laser helps to strengthen the bond between the filling and the tooth. When used in teeth-whitening procedures, the laser acts as a heat source and enhances the effect of tooth-bleaching agents.
There are several advantages to using lasers compared to the traditional dental drills.
- NO DRILL is used to remove decayed tissue. During procedures, patient won’t feel vibrations or discomfort from the laser like the ones from the drill.
- Anesthesia may not be necessary (No needles, YAY!).
- Healing of the tissue is faster.
- Less bleeding during a surgical procedure.
Applications for Laser Dentistry
- Removal of tooth decay
- Enhancing Root Canal procedures
- Biopsy or lesion removal
- Teeth whitening
LightWalker ATS Laser
The world’s fastest-cutting Erbium laser, outperforming even rotary burs in terms of speed and precision.
“Offer the most comprehensive list of clinical applications of any dental laser made today”.
According to the manufacture we are the first in New Brunswick to carry this technology.